Mobility Workout For A Better Booty

Wednesday, April 08, 2015


Photo By Dan Goodman 
I was recently asked to be on Time Warner Cable News as a guest to speak about health and fitness--dream come true! You want me to be on live TV talking about my passion!?Pinch me--so cool! In this segment I discussed the #1 issue I see with my clients and immediately I knew I wanted to discuss hip mobility. Mobility should be a part of your routine, no matter what your goals is but most people ignore it or don't even know what it is. It's absolutely critical to avoid injury and restore proper movement.

Most of us are working at desk or driving in a car for work which means that you are sitting most of the day. Sitting=tight hip flexors.  It's the most common mobility issue I see with my clients.  It makes sense-if you are keeping a muscle in a "flexed" position 8 hours a day, 5 days a week it's bound to get tight. Unfortunately this leads to your booty becoming inactive and lazy--nobody wants that! Not only does it prevent you from fully engaging your glutes during a workout, it also leads to injuries like lower back pain and runners knee.   

Hip in flexion 

I know you don't want a lazy ass and you're thinking, "how do I fix this!?" Don't worry--I'm here to help you out! 

The solution involves 2 steps: 1)Mobility Work  2) Strengthening the "lazy" or under-active muscles.  

Here is a link to the TWC News segment where I discuss all of this! 
Me with the host of Active Now, Jess!


You can also check out this amazing site- MobilityWOD.com This awesome website features mobility exercises for the whole body! 

I hope you all take just 5-10 minutes out of your day to work on mobility. Over time you will see a huge difference! 

Love, Light & Health, 
Kristin 


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this, I will add this on my daily stretching with my mobility bar and i want to have a booty like that.

    ReplyDelete