Last Weeks Workouts~

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hi There! 
I've been cruising the blog world and saw some posts where people listed their workouts from the previous week.  I thought it was interesting to see what other people do, so I figured I'd do the same! Why is it so fascinating to know what other people do all the time!?  As you will notice I started CrossFit. I'm working on a whole post about my experience jumping into this new sport but for now you get a sneak peak of the torture--I mean joy! 
Monday

CrossFit today was a killer! I don’t remember the last time I pushed myself this hard(love that).
Started with Hang Power Snatch then we hit this little gem-15 burpees/15 Kettle bell swings/15 knees to elbows/30 double unders.  We repeated this 5 times with 1 minute rest between rounds.  I only completed 4 rounds before the time was up.  This was a great routine that anyone can do on their own but be ready to sweat!
To top off my day I hit all my goals of eating to my macros and drinking 1 galling of water.  I started the week off solid, yes!
1 Gallon= 4 of these! 
 Tuesday
I got a little crazy and did a round robin of activities. I'm tired just thinking about it again-First I went to CrossFit and had a great work out.  We did squats for the first time and I put up a PR of 140! I was really excited and couldn’t have done it without the help of my coach and classmates.  They were giving me pointers and cheering me on which makes all the difference when that bar is weighing down on your soul.  Since this WOD(work out of the day) was more strength based I went and busted out 20 minutes of cardio on the stair stepper at the gym.  Then it was time for yoga, yay! I just started practicing at Grace Cathedral.  Yes you read correctly, yoga in a church! It’s an amazing, completely donation based class that occurs every Tuesday.  It features live music and it’s one of the most gorgeous spaces I’ve ever practiced in. Yogis from all walks of life come together to enjoy this spiritual yoga experience. I'll be doing a separate post on this too because it's that epic. 


Wednesday
As you can imagine after my workouts yesterday I was tired! I wasn’t planning a rest day but my body was begging me for one! I listened and went and had dinner with some girlfriends-what a treat!! Rest days are as much for my mental health as my physical. It was so nice to go and feel “normal” and just enjoy a little R&R and not put on my Nike’s for a day.  For the record I count laughing as exercise, so I logged it in my tracker, haha!

Thursday
CrossFit time again and Angie was the challenge(what a bitch). As quickly as possible we completed 100 pullups, 100 pushups, 100 situps and 100 air squats. Luckily, we were allowed to break this up into sets of 10. We cranked up the music and got to work! Since I rested on Wednesday I was able to crank this out. Looks who's laughing now ANGIE!
I went to the gym later in the afternoon and did a quick 4 exercise chest workout(2 supersets) and 30 minutes on you guessed it--the stair stepper.  I prefer it to the treadmill and the ridiculous elliptical.  I am trying to spare my shins every chance I get, so minimal running is ideal for me right now. 

Friday
TGIF! I love Friday workouts, love, love.  I have the best attitude because I’m so amped I made it through the week! I always feel good after a week of eating clean and working out hard.  I did the early morning crossfit and we did cleans which posed to be a challenge.  The technique is hard to get used to but my coach assured me I was doing good(ok, Vince!).  Then we did split jerks(images of my ex boyfriends flashed before my eyes). Just kidding, I actually like these jerks! This was my first time doing them and I love the explosive power you have to use.  Then we did Annie and that kicked my butt…I have two words-double unders.  This lovely jump rope move will be my nemesis for a while I can tell.  The only way to get better I’m told is practice—apparently my rope and I are going to become BFF’s!

Saturday
No workout

Sunday
I got up early before the Niners game and got in a quick run.  It felt SO good to be out running...there's no better way to start the day.  I discovered yet another trail in the Presidio, boom! The beauty of nature has this way of just inspiring me and making me feel alive(cheesy but true).  I also discovered my new favorite stop off for the unexpected bathroom breaks (I hate my bladder). The rest of my day was spent screaming at the TV and jumping up and down, so I’m going to go ahead and count that as air squats.
We lost...ugh...

How did your workouts go last week?  Did you try a new routine or hit a PR? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments