The Good, Bad and Ugly

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

I started this blog with the intention of sharing ALL aspects of my fitness journey-the good bad and ugly.  I like to think of myself as a positive person and try to keep that tone in my posts but I think it's time to share some of the "ugly"! I just want to be real with you all because I know it's not always easy!! I don't jump out of bed everyday at 4am to head to the gym...most days yes, but not all. Do I die a little inside when I see a box of Girl Scout cookies? Yes! You are not alone...it's hard to be in shape!


I have 4.5 weeks until my competition and I'm starting to feel the effects of my low calorie diet.  In order to lose weight you must have a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories per week to lose 1 pound. Just for the record, I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm trying to lose body fat. I'm pushing my body to the max lifting everyday and doing cardio 2-3 times per week while taking in a low amount of calories.  It definitely leaves me fatigued(I feel like a blob right now while writing this). I hesitate to share this with everyone because I don't want to advocate a low calorie diet that leaves you feeling fatigued/tired/and grumpy. BUT I told you I was going to get "ugly" and that includes the real truth that to get my body fat as low as I want for my competition means that I'm hungry and tired! Maybe there's a better way to do it but I don't know what that is yet or if I ever will!  Sacrifice and will power are required for me to obtain the results I desire, so I deal with the side effects.  Pain is temporary but pride is forever!
Posing Practice!
Will power is the name of the game right now. My cravings are getting intense as my body fat drops.  I literally have a list in my phone of all the foods I want to eat.  It might seem crazy but it helps me remember that someday soon I can indulge!



My #1 favorite food right now-PEANUT BUTTER! It's the highlight of my day.  It feels like such an indulgence and I savor every bite! For the record, I've tried Almond Butter and it's just not as good in my humble opinion.  I always make sure to buy Peanut Butter that is 100% peanuts, no additives. This week I've been experimenting with any and all ways to eat my beloved PB.  It's amazing what you can do with PB, Stevia and rolled oats!
One of my peanut butter experiments!
I should have my bathing suit soon and I'll be sure to share! It's SOOO cute, I can't wait to get it:)

I hope you all enjoyed a glimpse into my life and the crazy things I'm putting myself through to rock that stage!

I promise it won't always be easy but I also promise it will be worth it!

XO,
Kristin


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. haha I love this, Mountain Mikes!! I want to go with you on all your cheat night meals! lol

    ReplyDelete