Becoming Part of the "Tribe" at the NFC Fitness Challenge!

Thursday, October 30, 2014

One of the things I love most about blogging is connecting with others who love fitness and health as much as I do! A couple of weeks ago TribeSports, an athletic apparel company, reached out to me about attending a fitness event here in San Francisco.  I have to be honest, I hadn't heard of the brand before but after a quick look at their website I was super excited!

The event was the first annual NFC Fitness Challenge.  NFC is the National Fitness Campaign which is a social enterprise that promotes fitness for all by building outdoor Fitness Courts across the United States.  Recently one of the Fitness Courts was installed at the Marina Green, which was the location of the Fitness Challenge.

SO Gorgeous! 
I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I knew this event would be a great opportunity to network with others in the fitness industry! When I arrived I met with someone from TribeSports who gave me one of their Tech Tees to try out.  The first thing I noticed when I put it on was how great the fabric felt! It was so soft, stretchy and comfortable.  The color was great too-total bonus!

The event kicked off with a circuit lead by Trainers from Barry's Bootcamp.  With the DJ spinning we did push ups, lunges and lots of other plyometric and bodyweight exercises.  It was great seeing people of all ages and fitness levels participating! After that we all gathered around the fitness court to watch a group of 16 Personal Trainers from San Francisco compete.  I was really excited to see that there were three or four trainers from the gym I workout at, Studio Mix(best gym in SF, just sayin')!


Before the competition started I was fortunate enough to meet a wonderful group of people who were there to support their friend who was competing, Cyrus, AKA Mango Man! They noticed I was there alone and were nice enough to let me hang out with them--so sweet! Their energy was infectious and I quickly found myself chanting "Mango Man, Mango Man!!"
The MangoMan Crew!

The competition was intense! The crowd stood around the fitness court and cheered as they watched the participants grimace and sweat trying to win the grand prize of $1,500 and a BIG ego boost. Mango Man didn't end up winning but the comradery between all the trainers was so great to see! Lots of hugs and high fives were shared after the grueling 7 exercise circuit.

Overall, this was such a great experience! I loved being around other people that are so passionate about fitness.  It was truly an uplifting and motivating event!


Once I got home I was excited to learn more about TribeSports.  Come to find out, TribeSports actually began as an online fitness community.  It was a place where athletes of all types could gather, share their triumphs and gain motivation. That eventually progressed into a clothing line after realizing there was a need in the market for more affordable, quality gear(isn't that the truth). They take their design cues and recommendations on technical specifications from the athletic community-genius! They gather all this feedback and manufacture high quality apparel for athletes of all types.  The best part is that they have stayed true to their vision of creating a community that encourages each other to workout through what they call Sweat & Save.  Each month they create fitness challenges and for each successful completion you get a discount! So the more you workout, the more you save.
Selfie in my new TribeSports Shirt! ($41)
I am really happy I took a couple hours out of my Saturday to be a part of this great community event! I got to see some of the best trainers in SF compete, meet some new friends and try out some awesome new gear!  I'm not going to lie...I think I could compete with those trainers! So next year, watch out...I might just be a competitor!

Thanks again to TribeSports for the invitation and the great shirt! You can check them out on their Website or on Facebook, Pinterest or Instagram!

P.S. This is not a paid post so all of my feedback is 100% honest and unsolicited.

XO,
Kristin

You Might Also Like

0 comments