Flat Belly Breakfast Ideas!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015


My favorite meal of the day is breakfast! I don't know why it just always has been since I was a kid. I love that it can be sweet or savory--so many options! I've been getting crazy in the kitchen lately and I have some yummy recipes to share with you! As you may know one of my favorite things to do is take an unhealthy dish and spin it into something delicious by replacing ingredients. I get so much satisfaction when it turns out! Sure it may not be AS good as the original version but I enjoy it 10 times more because I feel ZERO guilt!

Chocolate Shakeology Protein Pancakes with PB Drizzle
This might be my new FAV! No doubt it's making it's way into my belly at least once a week--it's basically dessert for breakfast! Or if you're having a crazy chocolate craving whip them up for dessert! This was inspired by my friend Jessica's version of this recipe which is on her blog.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Ripe Banana 
  • 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour 
  • 1/4 Cup Unsweetend Almond Milk 
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract 
  • 1 Tsp Baking Powder 
  • 1 Cage Free Egg
  • 1 Cage Free Egg White 
  • 1 Scoop Chocolate Shakeology
  • 1/4 Cup of Water
In a large bowl mash the banana with a fork then add the remaining wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.  Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix well.  Add water as needed until you get the right consistency.  

Heat your pan and pour in the batter, approx 1/3 cup for one pancake.  Makes about 6 pancakes-

PB Drizzle-
2 Tbs PB2 
Add small amounts of water until you get the consistency of syrup(approx 1.5 Tbs) 


Quinoa Breakfast Muffins 
I love a good breakfast that you can prep ahead of time and grab on the go! I saw a few similar recipes on Pinterest but most included dairy which I'm trying not avoid right now. So I just made this recipe on the fly! The best thing is you can substitute any vegetables you have in the fridge! 
Ingredients: 
  • Egg Whites 
  • Broccoli 
  • Red Bell Pepper 
  • 1/2  cup cooked Quinoa 
  • 1/2 Tsp Salt
  • 1 Pinch Pepper 
  • 1 Tsp Red Chili Flake 
  • 1 Tsp Garlic Powder 
Spray the muffin tin with Coconut Oil Spray(or other non-stick spray). 
Each muffin tin fits approx 2-3 egg whites. Based on the size of your muffin tin add the appropriate amount of eggs to a bowl. Mix in the salt, pepper, red chili flakes and garlic powder. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tin, distributing evenly.  Then using a spoon, place anywhere from 1-2 Tbs of cooked quinoa into each muffin.  Dice the broccoli and red bell pepper into bite size pieces.  Add your desired amount to each muffin. 
Cook for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.  Egg whites will appear white and fluffy with no "wiggle" when cooked. Remove from oven and allow to cool for storage or enjoy them hot out of the oven! 
I added salsa to mine for some extra pazzaz! 



I hope you enjoy some of these delicious breakfast recipes! Remember that eating clean doesn't have to be boring or bland it just takes a little fun in the kitchen! 

XO, 
Kristin 


You Might Also Like

0 comments