A Day in the Life of Me

Sunday, September 22, 2013

I'm on the final count down to my photo shoot and I feel like all I have time to do is eat, sleep, work, work out, prep food, repeat! I am using this as my excuse as to why I haven't been posting more(sorry)! LOL:)

I've been getting asked a lot what my routine is so here it is!
4:25 AM-Time to wake up! 
5:30-6:30-Hit the gym and do my weight routine
7:30-4:30-The 'W' word (work, boo)
6-7:30 PM-Cardio Session either at the gym or outdoors depending on my mood.  I would do cardio along with my morning workout if I had time.

The rest of the evening I make my dinner and prep food for the next day.  I get my bag ready for the gym the next morning and surf the web for new fitness articles.

10:30pm-Night-night time! I try to be in bed by 10 but it never happens-

Routine for me is absolutely crucial to my success.  I am already someone who loves to be on a schedule so that probably lends itself to training this hard.  Consistency is key, so although you may not be a morning person fit in your workout where it makes sense for you.  Personally, I knew I had to start hitting the gym in the morning before work to successfully get in a session everyday.  In the evening something always comes up(happy hour invite, a new restaurant opening, a Giants game) which obviously is always going to sound more fun than being in a smelly gym with strangers! But do what works for you! They say it takes about 2 weeks to create a habit, so stick to it despite whatever obstacles may get in the way and you'll thank yourself later.  I would never have consider myself a morning person when I started this routine but now my 4:30 am wake up call doesn't seem so bad.  It's all about perseverance! Write down the things that are holding you back from your goals and come up with creative solutions.  If you want something bad enough, you'll make it happen...stop making excuses starting TODAY! You'll thank yourself later:)

A fringe benefit of morning workouts...amazing sunrise views like this!

You Might Also Like

0 comments