Healthy From the Inside Out!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I'm getting really pumped for my first photo shoot in just over two weeks! I'm of course nervous too but to have some actual photographs and not just 'selfies' will be amazing! Each person is their own worst critic and sometimes that is a good thing because it pushes us to better ourselves but it can also be a scary place.  My inner critic is in full force knowing that my body is going to be on display!

I'm trying to keep the negative self talk to a minimum but it can be hard! If you let your inner demons take over then you have a problem.  All of a sudden you are in a bad mood all the time and nothing seems to be going your way. How do you become the positive polly we were all born to be you ask!? Well here's how-I challenge each of you to focus for at least 10 minutes on what you say to yourself...no really! It is a great exercise and you might be surprised how much you put yourself down. "You're so dumb" or "why did you do that!?" or "god, I'm so fat".  This is all poison to the mind that you have to try and get rid of! When you catch yourself saying something like this, just pause, take a deep breath and make a point to say the opposite.  "I'm smart and just made a mistake, no big deal" or "I'm beautiful just the way I am, inside and out".  Eventually with daily practice you will begin to notice that the devil on your shoulder has less and less to say!

I hope you all take on this challenge, I'm going to do it too! For just 10 minutes a day for 1 week do this exercise and let me know how it goes! Let's nurture our minds as much as we do our bodies because they are very much connected.

To read more about this topic check out "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle

Happy Days:)
Kristin

You Might Also Like

0 comments