My New Adventure-Waves to Wine Ride

Saturday, May 31, 2014

One of the highlights of 2013 was running with Team Challenge to raise money for The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation.  Nothing feels better than giving back to people in need.  Team Challenge provided me a platform to inform people about the disease and the importance of finding a cure.  On top of that I got to meet and spend time with an amazing group of people that inspired me to run hard and raise money! I've been struggling a bit lately in the motivation department.  I've been doing some soul searching to find that spark inside that drives me to train hard.  The last 6 months my motivations have been more superficial--to look good for my competition.  Now that the competition has passed working out just to look good has left me feeling empty and slacking on my workouts.


A couple of weeks ago a dear friend emailed me about a cycling event that her company was a part of and recruiting riders for.  Waves to Wine is a two day ride that goes from San Francisco to Sonoma and back.  The ride supports fundraising for the Nation Multiple Sclerosis Society.  BINGO! My eyes immediately light up and I can feel my heart smiling.  This is exactly what I need to get me back in the saddle(literally and figuratively).  I get to meet new people, participate in training rides and raise money for a great cause! The icing on the cake is that it's a weekend long event that I have to look forward to. Once we arrive in Sonoma we celebrate all of our wonderful accomplishments with vino and a massage. Then, Sunday morning you wake up and ride back to SF.  I can't think of a better way to spend my weekend!  The 75 mile ride on Saturday will be my longest ride to date, eek! I can't wait to train hard so I can crush that ride and then do another 50 miles on Sunday....all for a wonderful cause! I'll be sure to share everything I do to prep for this so you can train along with me.

Although I don't have a personal connection to MS, I know it's a worthy cause and I can't wait to learn more about it.  I feel confident raising money for this event after fundraising for Team Challenge last year.  This gives me the opportunity to host another fundraising party with my friends and family which was so much fun!
My Fundraising Party last year! Love these ladies- 

YAY for cycling, raising money and training hard! I'll be sure to keep you all posted on my progress! I have 15 weeks to train for my 2 day 125 mile ride and raise $350.  

If you would like to be AWESOME and support me please click here!

Thanks in advance for your support on this next adventure of my fitness journey! 
XO, Kristin 

You Might Also Like

0 comments