You CAN Have your Cake and Eat it Too!

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

My mind was just blown by this Chocolate Cake recipe.  Not only is it guilt free but it taste AMAZING! I don't get to enjoy sweets much these days and it sucks(I'm keeping it real). But I have to say this recipe satisfied my sweet tooth and barely made a dent in my macros, WIN. I will be eating this cake with 0% guilt...this is proof that you can have your cake and eat it too.

100% of the credit goes to Cassie from Back to Her Roots blog.  This Midwestern gal is my new hero!
130 Calorie Chocolate Peanut Butter Microwave Cake

by Cassie Johnston


Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter(I used Chocolate Peanut Butter PB2)
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (I substituted Oat Flour and only used 1/2 Tbs)
  • 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar (I substituted Stevia)
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites
  • 1 tablespoon water
Instructions
  1. Whisk together all ingredients in a small mixing bowl until well combined. Transfer to a microwave-safe ramekin, mug or bowl.
  2. Microwave at 70% for 40 seconds, or until the cake is cooked to your desired gooey-ness. Remember, microwave power levels very dramatically. The first time making a microwave cake, keep a close eye as to not over-cook the cake
I added Vanilla protein powder "frosting".  Just use 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein power and add only enough water to make a syrup texture.  Drizzle on top and enjoy! 
Bon Appetit~

You Might Also Like

0 comments