No Gym?No Problem!

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Like many of you I'm traveling for the holidays and that means that your normal workout routine isn't possible. I'm so excited to see my family and spend some quality time with them but I don't want to come back from vacation feeling bloated and lazy.  Although I won't be in the gym pumping iron like Arnold, there are still some things I can do to get my heart pumping! As they say, something is better than nothing! This workout is easy to do anywhere and works the whole body.  I combine the circuit below with a 4 mile run and I'm ready to eat my Dad's home cookin'!

Time for some steak! Yum!
You will need an interval timer and a mat.  I downloaded a free interval timer app and I use it all the time.  The obnoxious air horn ringing in your ear motivates you to get moving! I use my interval timer for treadmill workouts as well, so it's a great app to have.
1.Walkover Push Ups
2. Burpees
3.Bicycle Crunches
4.Jumping split lunge

Perform each exercise for 50 seconds, take a 10 second rest and start the next exercise.  Once you have done all 4 moves, take a 30 second break and go for another round! Repeat until you've done 3 rounds(4 if you are feeling good!).

I hope you all enjoy this quick high intensity workout that you can do anywhere! Working out isn't always easy to fit in but taking just 20 minutes out of your day to honor your body will make you feel great!

You Might Also Like

0 comments